8/16/2017 9:56:26 AM

Tevez expected back in China after treatment

Tevez expected back in China after treatment

Shanghai, China: Shanghai Shenhua denied suggestions that Carlos Tevez’s career in China was over and said Wednesday they expected him to return after the Argentine went home for treatment on a muscle injury.

The 33-year-old forward, one of the best-paid players in the world on reported weekly wages of around 730,000 euros, has scored just twice since joining the Chinese Super League (CSL) club in January from Boca Juniors and has missed half of this season's games with injury.

His poor form and repeated absences have seen Shanghai fans turn on the Argentina international, raising questions over whether he would return after treatment.

Tevez has helped fuel the doubts after previously criticising the standard of Chinese football and hinting he might look for a move.

“No one ever said he would leave,” said a Shanghai spokesman. “After this Saturday’s game, we’ll have a short break and the whole team will be off until August 28.”

Share this:
Tags:

Comments