DOHA: Qatari rider Nasser Al Ghazali clinched the Medium Tour title during the sixth round of the Qatar Equestrian Tour Hathab on Friday.
At the Longines Arena Al Shaqab, Al Ghazali was in his element along with his nine-year-old bay What A Pleasure to win the 130cm class in a Jump-off time of 33.16 seconds.
In a close battle, Kamil Sabitov and Mohamed Saeed Haidan were tied for second placed finished their rounds in 33.48 seconds. Sabitov was riding Carmen, while Haidan was astride Miss Chili.
The Medium Tour team title was won by Al Salam with Salman Mohamed al-Emadi and Salmeen Sultan al-Suwaidi putting up a fine show for their team. Team The Top finished second ahead of Lusail.
Meanwhile, the Small Tour title was won by Ali Mohamed al-Marri, who registered the fastest round with his 13-year-old bay Fernhill Friendly Touch in 31.16 second. Hamad Nasser al-Qadi (Hugo Z) took the runner-up spot, followed by Mohamed Saeed Haidan (Ziezo).
Medium Tour | Table A, One round against the clock with jump off, Art. 238.2.2 | 120/130 cm | Prize Money QAR 20,000.
1. Nasser al-Ghazali. Horse: What A Pleasure. Jump-off Time: 33.16 secs. Prize money: QR5,000
2. Kamil Sabitov. Carmen. 33.48 secs. QR3,500
2. Mohamed Saeed HAIDAN. Miss Chili. 33.48 secs. QR3,500
Small Tour | Table A, Two phases, Art. 2220.127.116.11 | 110/115 cm | Prize Money QR 10,000
1. Ali Mohamed al-Marri. Horse: Fernhill Friendly Touch. Time: 31.16 secs. Prize money: QR2,500
2. Hamad Nasser al-Qadi. Hugo Z. 32.40 secs. QR2,000
3. Mohamed Saeed Haidan. Ziezo. 33.14 secs. QR1,500